2017 IEEE Region 1 Annual Student Conference
Date: 7-9 April 2017
The IEEE Region 1 Student Conference is the premier annual event where all student branches from IEEE Region 1 (Northeastern United States) meet to discuss mutual challenges and compete in regional competitions.
The conference objective is to encourage lively student engagement and provide an opportunity for the students to network and learn from other students from across the Region 1, while applying practical engineering knowledge in the various competitions.
It also provides the great opportunity for the student members to network with the Industry Professionals and the IEEE Leaders.
- Undergraduate Student Paper Contest
- MicroMouse Workshop for Newbies and Pros
- Regional MicroMouse Competition
- Student Ethics Competition
- Award Ceremony and Dinner
- Networking Opportunity
- Meet IEEE Leaders and Industry Professionals
To submit a paper for the Student Paper Contest or register for other Competitions, follow the directions on the Hotel and Conference Registration Page at:
Hotel Registration Deadline: March 16, 2017
Conference Registration Deadline: March 31, 2017
About the Hotel Accommodations:
DoubleTree by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst (10 Flint Road, Amherst, New York 14226). Hotel accommodations will be provided (via a rooming list – do NOT book directly with the hotel) on a first come first serve basis for those traveling more than 100 miles each way. Teams will be required to share a room (4 students per room). Hotel
accommodations will not be provided for local participants but meals will be provided during the conference. Those non-students wanting a room should contact Dr. Rubenstein at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain one within our block at $120/night.
Deadline to request for accommodation (group or individual) = March 17, 2017
Undergraduate Student Paper Contest:
To submit paper online: https://goo.gl/forms/IlUGJsAyNu85Cz1u1
All Competitions and Student Paper Submission Deadline: March 31st, 2017
Team leader, please email Soon Wan (email@example.com) with team member names, IEEE membership#, and micromouse name.
Team leader, please email Bruce Hecht (firstname.lastname@example.org) with team member names, and IEEE membership#. Team also can sign up for the competition on site.
T-Shirt Design Contest:
A student branch representative can check in the T-Shirt on site.
iTryRobotic Workshop: For 3rd to 7th grade children
Saturday, April 9, 2017 (3:00pm to 4:30pm)
To register: Email Soon Wan (email@example.com)
Friday (April 7, 2017) – 5:00pm to 10:00pm (Subject to Change)
1. Ice Cream Party (at Davis Hall, Salvatore Atrium)
2. Micromouse Practice (at Davis Hall, Bansai Atrium)
Saturday (April 8, 2017) Program (Subject to Change)
1. Registration, Breakfast
2. Student Paper Contest (1st=$800, 2nd=$500, 3rd=$200)
3. Ethics Competition (1st=$300, 2nd=$150 for Student Branch)
4. Micromouse Competition (1st=$800, 2nd=$500, 3rd=$200)
5. T-Shirt Design (Highest number of votes by attendees = $200)
6. Lunch and Networking
7. Keynote Plenary Session
8. iTryRobotic Workshop for grade 3 to 7 kids (Sponsored by IEEE-USA)
9. Student Branch Showcase and Training
10. Award Ceremony and Dinner
Sunday (April 9, 2017) Program (Subject to Change)