2017 IEEE Region 1 Area Chair Nominations
Due Date: 17 May 2017
IEEE Region 1 ExCom is soliciting nominations for the area chair positions. Voting will occur at the R1 BoG meeting on June 10.
Area Chair Responsibilities:
- Provide an informal and direct communication link between the Director and the Sections, Society Chapters, Councils, Subsections and members.
- Meet with the Section Chairs within their Area during Region 1 meetings
- Routinely visit each section within the area, typically at an ExCom meeting and/or annual awards meeting
- Serve as “middle management” reminding the Sections within their Area to prepare the Section report for the Region 1 meeting, submit annual reports to the IEEE, and other items as requested by the Region Director and/or Region Secretary.
- Promote exchange of information and ideas among the Sections within an Area and represent the interests of the Sections in their Areas. They will also act as the representatives of the Region Director at the local Area level in matters delegated to them by the Region Director
- Work with the Director-Elect to prepare an agenda for volunteer training sessions
- Work with the Director-Elect and Section Vitality Coordinator to ensure that all existing Chapters within their Area are removed from the action-required list (sort of a probation list) through rejuvenation (not dissolution).
- Work with the various Region 1 Committee Coordinators.
- Serve as members of the Region 1 Awards Committee
Nominations may be sent to Vince Socci at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5/17/17. Nominations should include the following:
- Nominee contact info (phone, address, email, home section)
- Qualifications for the position
- Position Statement.
The attached document summarizes the procedure that will be used for Area Chair nominations.