Educational Activities Committee
- Foster continuing education, professional development and training opportunities for IEEE members in Region 1.
- Provide guidance and assistance to Region 1 organizational units in organizing short courses, and publicizing educational opportunities available from the Institute.
- Promote educational activities at the member level and communicate to the Educational Activities Board (EAB) the educational concerns of the membership.
- Serve as a non-voting member of the SEOC.
How appointed and term of office
The Educational Activities Coordinator is appointed for a two year term by the incoming Director. The Chair shall take office on January 1st. Reappointment of the incumbent is permissible.
- Become knowledgeable about the IEEE educational products. Keep abreast of new programs and products as they are developed and made available.
- Prepare presentations for the Region summer meeting on how to organize short courses at the section level.
- Communicate with section EACs to identify needs and programs. Assist them as required in establishing educational programs within their sections.
The EAC operates under the direction of the Region Director, and within the authority specifically granted to him/her by the Region 1 Bylaws. The EAC is provided with a Budget Line Item to enable him/her to carry out his/her functions.
- Awards and Recognition
- Student Activities
- Membership Development
- Professional Activities (PACE)
- Strategic Planning
- Women in Engineering
- Young Professionals
Ad Hoc Committees
- Bylaws, Operations, and Leadership Training
- Conference Coordinator
- Sections Congress Coordinator
- Director Advisory
- Educational Activities
- Employment and Career Activities
- Government Activities
- Historian and Milestone
- Webmaster and Information Management
- Industrial Relations
- Life Member
- Pre-University Activities
- Section Partnership
- Student Professional Awareness Conference
- Section Vitality
- Admissions & Advancement
- Public Visibility