- This event has passed.
IEEE LONG ISLAND SECTION 2022 AWARDS CEREMONY PRESENTATION AND DINNER Combining Awards from 2020 and 2021
March 31, 2022 @ 5:30 am - 9:30 am
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. With over 1600 engineering professionals, the IEEE Long Island Section is the largest engineering society on Long Island.
IEEE members from a wide range of industries and academia work tirelessly to further the advancement of technology, making Long Island the center of innovation. The IEEE Long Island Section Awards Banquet will recognize outstanding Long Islanders who have made significant engineering contributions at both the Section level and the Regional (Northeastern USA) level.
The IEEE Long Island Section is proud of its collaboration with many premier companies and organizations on Long Island, many of which participate in this grand affair each year. The Awards Banquet is a unique opportunity for companies and organizations to showcase their local presence and support for the best and brightest in the industry.
Please join us at the 2022 IEEE Long Island Section Annual Awards Banquet in recognizing the achievements of our members and their contributions to the profession and the IEEE Long Island Section. Let us hope that this celebration is the start of a return to normalcy for all of us.
Speaker(s): Michiko Minty,
5:30 – 7:00 pm: Arrival, Cocktail Hour and Networking 7:00 – 8:00 pm: Keynote Address and Presentation of Awards
– Section Awards
– Alex Gruenwald Award: Robert Di Fazio, Formerly of Interdigital
– Harold Wheeler Award: Babak Beheshti, New York Institute of Technology
– Jesse Taub Lifetime Achievement Award: Victor Zourides, Formerly of Northrop Grumman
– Charles Hirsch Award: Pawell Janczykowski, Telephonics Corporation
– Athanasios Papoulis Outstanding Educator Award: Wei Lin, Hofstra University
– Outstanding Young Engineer Award: Peng Zhang, Stony Brook University
– Outstanding Volunteer Award: Ron DeLuca, Brentronics
– Outstanding Volunteer Award: Dave Mesecher, Northrop Grumman
– Organization of the Year Award: IEEE Consultants Network of Long Island (LICN)
– Velio Marsocci Outstanding Student Chapter Branch Award: Farmingdale State College
– Region 1 Awards
– Outstanding Support for the Mission of the IEEE (MGA, Region 1 and/or Section Award): John Schmidt, Eckoh
– Technological Innovation (Academic) Award: Batu Chalise, New York Institute of Technology
– Technological Innovation (Academic) Award: Matthew Eisaman, Stony Brook University
– Technological Innovation (Industry or Government) Award: Roman Khazanovich, BAE Systems
8:00 – 9:00 pm: Dinner 9:00 – 9:30 pm: Dessert and Closing Remarks
Bldg: Crest Hollow Country Club, 8325 Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury, New York, United States, 11797, Virtual: https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/309546