- This event has passed.
The Fundamentals of Project Management
June 22 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This workshop/webinar is intended for engineers, technical leads, project leaders, and functional managers who want to practice the fundamentals of project management to help themselves and their groups accomplish their endeavors, whether at work, at home, or in the community. Participants will learn basic project management techniques, and most importantly, how to apply them in real life without excessive paperwork or overhead! The workshop will include templates and checklists to take away, and examples of how to apply project management techniques to engineering and personal projects.
Speaker(s): Tarek Lahdhiri, PhD, PE, PMP, BB-DFSS, SM-IEEE,
– Definition of a project
– Typical phases of a project
Starting and Planning a Project
– Defining the project scope and requirements
– Project risks
– Scheduling and estimating
– Creating milestones
– Refining the Plans
Managing the Project
– How do we use planning deliverables to tell if we are on track?
– How do we use meetings and status to measure progress?
– How are design reviews and testing critical to gauging project progress?
– Risk Management
– Planning meetings
– Attitude: pre-selling, pre-coaching
– Meeting roles and responsibilities
– Design/document reviews
Closing the Project
– Ensure adequate hand-offs to all groups
– Conduct a lessons-learned meeting
IEEE-USA’s free webinars/events are designed to help you find your next job, maintain your career, negotiate an appropriate salary, understand ethical considerations in the workplace and learn about other career-building strategies and public policy developments that affect your profession.